There are two main objectives of the project "IINPUT.ARB - Evaluation of sustainable and innovative defense and nutrition techniques for the reduction of chemical INPUTS in Arboreal crops in organic and integrated production":
1) the development of defense techniques, both for integrated and organic production, adapted to the new challenges (climate change, environmental and social sustainability, reduction of the portfolio of active substances available for phytosanitary defence); this activity will be focused on some particularly problematic adversities in recent years;
2) develop precision nutrition techniques, according to the composition of the circulating solution and the absorption curves of the cultures.
Experimental trials with innovative products and techniques aim to contain some emerging or highly problematic adversities in recent years: Eriophyes pyri, Contarina pyrivora, of pear blossoms, Drosophila suzukii, bacterial spot of stone fruits and walnut, Fusicoccum and C. molesta of peaches, phytoplasma of fruit trees and grapevine, Scaphoideus titanus of grapevine. Studies on the effective availability of nutrients in the circulating soil solution and the definition of the absorption curves of the nutritional elements for the pome fruits will allow to optimize the use of fertilizers.
1) reduction in the use of impacting substances (for health and the aquatic environment);
2) identification of molecules of natural origin with low environmental impact and / or alternative techniques to chemical control.
3) increase the efficiency and sustainability of fertilization practices by adapting them to the real needs of the plant to improve plant resilience to climate changes (lower inputs, therefore less energy use and carbon footprint reduction).
The project will allow the development of control and nutrition techniques that will allow the containment of emerging pests and diseases difficult to control, preserving the productivity and economic sustainability of the farms in the regional territory, with positive effect also on employment along the entire supply chain.
Partners and responsibles
Scientific coordinator: Luca Fagioli – UNIBO
Project coordinator: Maria Grazia Tommasini - Ri.Nova
Lead Partner • Astra Innovazione E Sviluppo
Effective Partner • Ucsc
Effective Partner • Ri.Nova
Effective Partner • Consorzio Agrario Di Ravenna
Effective Partner • Comunita Martamaria
Effective Partner • Cnr Imem
Effective Partner • Apofruit
Effective Partner • Dinamica
Associate Partner • Soc.Agr. Ca Grottina
Associate partner • Az.Agr. Govoni Pierluigi
Associate partner • Az.Agr. Corradini David
Associate Partner • Az.Agr. Bertasi Ettore
Duration: 01/02/2020 - 25/01/2023
Funding: PSR Operational Groups 2014-2020 Emilia-Romagna, Mis. 16.1.01, Focus Area 4B, Application n.5149131
Contribution granted €358,042.23
Resources and downloads
- Evaluation of the efficacy of copper-based fertilizers in the control of Xanthomonas arboricola pv. Juglandis on walnut, Proceedings of Phytopathological Days 2022
- Peach Cydia, monitoring in orchards subject to confusion, Informatore Agrario 25/2022
- project's page on EIP AGRI website
- project's page on INNOVARURALE website